Friday, September 5, 2014

Introduction: Putting on the Robes of Godliness


A robe is a garment that one puts on. The robe I speak of is visible to the eye and it is worn proudly. I speak not of a robe such as a bathrobe, but of Godly Robes; Royal robes. To put on this robe that I speak of is to wear it in public and in private.  This robe is who you are not just in public, but also in private. This is your testimony, your lifestyle, and it is shared with all. This robe is a choice that you make to live what you believe, at all times, in all things, and in all places. Not just when it is convenient, or when you are approaching General Conference or some other large church event. This is a robe that you dawn that does not come off. It is who you are and forever will be once it is put on. It is your imperfect but unwavering diligence and obedience to the Lord your God; To be his follower, to be his disciple, to be HIS in whatever he needs of you. These are truly robes of royalty. They are not easy robes, or convenient robes. They are embroidered with trial, patience, and long-suffering. These robes are the taking on of the will of the father, that you might be more fully changed to become like Him, like your Savior, like the God you can become.

I glory in my God. I have unwavering confidence in His ability to make me much more than I am. I am more than imperfect, and can never hope to become perfect on my own. If that were possible to become perfect on my own, then there would be no need for a Savior. Because of Jesus Christ, we can be perfect after all we can do. When I say ‘after all we can do’ I do not mean trying a little bit, or some of the time. This is truly dedicating your life to your Savior. There is a more excellent way to live. A higher road that will qualify us to be made perfect through our Savior after all we can do.

My purpose for this blog is to be bold, to prick your hearts and awaken your souls to look up from your busy lives and decide who you are being busy for. There is a lot of fluff in this world, and most of us are drowning in it. Look up, and reach for his hand. He has been waiting for you to realize he has been reaching for a very long time for you to look up and shed the cares of this world, and put on a greater care, that of His mission for you. He has one for you, and he needs you to wake up, look up, and follow him.

D&C 88: 74-86

74 And I give unto you, who are the first laborers in this last kingdom, a commandment that you assemble yourselves together, and organize yourselves, and prepare yourselves, and sanctify yourselves; yea, purify your hearts, and cleanse your hands and your feet before me, that I may make you clean;
 75 That I may testify unto your Father, and your God, and my God, that you are clean from the blood of this wicked generation; that I may fulfil this promise, this great and last promise, which I have made unto you, when I will.
 76 Also, I give unto you a commandment that ye shall continue in prayer and fasting from this time forth.
 77 And I give unto you a commandment that you shall teach one another the doctrine of the kingdom.
 78 Teach ye diligently and my grace shall attend you, that you may be instructed more perfectly in theory, in principle, in doctrine, in the law of the gospel, in all things that pertain unto the kingdom of God, that are expedient for you to understand;
 79 Of things both in heaven and in the earth, and under the earth; things which have been, things which are, things which must shortly come to pass; things which are at home, things which are abroad; the wars and the perplexities of the nations, and the judgments which are on the land; and a knowledge also of countries and of kingdoms—
 80 That ye may be prepared in all things when I shall send you again to magnify the calling whereunto I have called you, and the mission with which I have commissioned you.
 81 Behold, I sent you out to testify and warn the people, and it becometh every man who hath been warned to warn his neighbor.
 82 Therefore, they are left without excuse, and their sins are upon their own heads.
 83 He that seeketh me early shall find me, and shall not be forsaken.
 84 Therefore, tarry ye, and labor diligently, that you may be perfected in your ministry to go forth among the Gentiles for the last time, as many as the mouth of the Lord shall name, to bind up the law and seal up the testimony, and to prepare the saints for the hour of judgment which is to come;
 85 That their souls may escape the wrath of God, the desolation of abomination which awaits the wicked, both in this world and in the world to come. Verily, I say unto you, let those who are not the first elders continue in the vineyard until the mouth of the Lord shall call them, for their time is not yet come; their garments are not clean from the blood of this generation.
 86 Abide ye in the liberty wherewith ye are made free; entangle not yourselves in sin, but let your hands be clean, until the Lord comes.



The time is growing short. Do not procrastinate. He that seeketh, shall find.

1 comment: